Have you seen 'Across the Universe' yet?
If you haven't, go watch it soon. Especially if you are a Beatles fan... The soundtrack is so cool!
~~~~~~~~~~~
I received an unexpected phone call from Uncle Singh, my previous mentor from Company X 2 weeks ago. He knew that I was with the Orang Cina Bukan Cina Bank and had offered me a job with the old company (under a different subsidiary). He was very persistent and it was really hard to reject his offer as it was a very interesting offer. So I had accepted it instantly.
I have submitted my resume the next day and was told that 'my application' was accepted by the CEO of the company. I didn't have to attend any interviews as the boss, a.k.a Uncle Singh knows me well enough to know that I am fit for the position he had offered me. Plus, I have already worked for the company for 3 years before I decided to venture else where... So, they already know me pretty well.
The next thing I know, I was having a one-to-one conversation with my current boss, letting her know of my intention to leave. Surprise.. surprise.... According to her, the department head had planned to have a 'chat' with me the next day to discuss about a promotion. It seems that my boss had given me a very high performance rating and even the AVP and VP had vouched on it. Hence, since my team is going to be involved with lots of new project next year, they needed to have a co-section head... and that person was suppose to be ME! Imagine that... I would have created a record for being the 1st Malay to be a section head for the department... and the 1st person to jump from the AM position to a Manager position within 3 months. I would have been at the same level as my boss and would have a 40% salary adjustment.... cool eh?
However, I had to reject the offer as the other offer (from Company X) was far too tempting for me to let go.
Orang cakap, rezeki orang nak kawin.... Alhamdulillah...
So I shall be back in Jalan Raja Chulan as of 2nd of January 2008. No... I won't be working under Aunty Beast & Zorro... I won't be on the same floor as both of them... Let's just hope that I don't even have to liaise with them at all.
binx: i want a DS Lite too...!
7 comments:
wah..climbing the corporate ladder very fast one a you..:) congratulations babe!!!!!Enjoy the new responsibility :)
ikan bakar here we come? :D
congrats!!!
Congrats...Rezki Melimpah ruah..you.
congrats, and will welcome you back to raja chulan. and across the universe was totally awesome, wanted to just sing-a-long during the movie
Waa.. so many good news among my friends today :D .. tahniah !! .. oh , can you please2 blog the moment those two dumb asses see you back for the first time ? :D .. love to see the shock on their faces ;-)
You go Girl !!!
congrats!!! errr..rezeki kawin? i kena kawin lagi ke to enjoy that benefit? hee hee... kidding!!! anyway, good on you.
dahlinkkk....
unlikely you won't have any liaising whatsoever with abang zorro and aunty beast
after all they are at the heart of finance!!
of course there will be meetings and all with them both
semestinya maggi!!
tapi tak tau le if me oso will be involved
sebab i have an FC to take care of this things
fiuhhhh.....
Post a Comment